Mothers will always remember the time when they bought all the essentials to make her new baby comfortable. It is a beautiful time when we try to find the perfect items for our newborn. Even though we are caught up with cute little outfits, did you know that crib bedding is one of the most important items for your baby? Of course, you want it to be beautiful and the unique baby bedding to fit the decor of your new baby's bedroom. However, most of all it needs to be safe and comfortable. Most babies spend at least about 18 hours a day sleeping. Imagine, if you had to spend that much time in bed? You want it to be comfortable and safe!
Safety means: safe bedding practice recommendations for babies under 12 months. Crib bedding and its accessories, like bumpers and mattress covers all have to fit right and tight to prevent the baby from getting tangled in loose bedding. Protective bumpers used around the crib have to fit tight and securely fastened to the crib railing. No pillows should be ever in a baby crib.
We are also made aware by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission of important safety points we like to quote for you information.
• Place baby on his/her back on a firm tight-fitting mattress in a crib that meets current safety standards.
• Remove pillows, quilts, comforters, sheepskins, pillow-like stuffed toys, and other soft products from the crib.
• Consider using a sleeper or other sleep clothing as an alternative to blankets, with no other covering.
• If using a blanket, put baby with feet at the foot of the crib. Tuck a thin blanket around the crib mattress, reaching only as far as the baby's chest.
• Make sure your baby's head remains uncovered during sleep.
• Do not place baby on a water bed, sofa, soft mattress, pillow, or other soft surface to sleep. Babies are precious let us keep the as safe as we possibly can.
Comfort means: the use of natural and breathable fabrics. Materials made of cotton are usually best, to ensure the baby's soft and delicate skin, which touch the covers can breath. Cotton also helps to regulate the body's thermostat when it is either hot or cold.
Beauty means: that you have choice in the design. Baby crib bedding sets come in specific themes in order for you to find the right colors and patterns you desire to fit with the decor in your baby's room. There is always special boy crib bedding and of course, the cutest baby girl crib bedding, the choice is yours. Should you like neutral tones, there are many soothing and unique baby bedding sets in lovely styles available.
Take your time when deciding on items for your baby's needs, but most of all enjoy the time while preparing - it is precious!
Tina Nyary, explains that research into safe baby crib bedding sets is a very important step to take before you purchase your crib bedding. There is a great variety of safe and unique baby bedding available in our selection, which gives you choices of quality and an opportunity to check on safety standards.